Ray Splashway’s DIY Camping Tips
Whether you’re camping in a tent, an RV, or even one of Splashway’s cabins or cozy cottages, these genius camping hacks are sure to make your camping experience even more enjoyable!
- Freeze gallon water jugs to use in coolers instead of bagged ice. You can always use them as drinking water later!
- Store grocery bags in a Lysol wipes container. You can even wrap the outside in scrapbook paper for decorative appeal.
- Use a shoe organizer for cooking items. This will keep all your items off the ground and organized for easy retrieval! Simply hang it on the side of a pop-up tent or anything similar.
- Use foam floor tiles for a softer tent floor.
- Store toilet paper in a coffee can. Simply cut a slit in the side to feed the toilet paper through!
- Store Q-tips in an empty pill bottle.
- Bring shower caps to store dirty shoes. These shower caps are inexpensive and can be found at your nearest grocery or cosmetic store. Especially handy for shower flip-flops, this hack will keep your dirty or muddy shoes from touching other items when packing.
- Place charcoal briquettes in a cardboard egg carton for an easy fire-starter!
- Use empty tic-tac containers for storing small items: matches, bobby pins, pills, the options are endless! (When storing matches, glue sandpaper to the top of the container to use when lighting!)
Splashway is a family water park and campground in Sheridan, Texas. Located on US Highway 90-A, 20 minutes south of Interstate 10, between San Antonio and Houston, one hour west of Katy and Sugar Land, and a little over an hour and a half south of Austin. Spend the day with Splashway and your whole family will experience a variety of attractions at our water park near Houston including wave pools, kiddie areas, speed slides, mat racers, slides, and a lazy river.